Frey Funding, LLC
|Posted on June 2, 2016 at 6:50 AM|
1. Starting, building, and successfully running a real estate business doesn’t happen overnight. So be patient my boy, and keep focused on your dreams and goals. Patience is indeed a virtue.
2. And speaking of focus, son, a lot is going to happen along the way to distract and derail you. Your success is dependent on your ability to focus. And to get back on track when life throws you off.
3. There'll be lots of temptation along the way to cut corners and cheat "just a little bit". Don't fall for that slippery slope. Your word and your integrity are all you really have in the end.
4. Trust but verify, young man. What people *do* and what people *say* are often quite different. So don't rely on what people say. Watch their actions and take mental note, because what they actually DO will tell you everything you need to know about them.
5. You need to think like a successful person. So surround yourself with successful people. They'll rub off on you. (Just like being around "losers" will rub off on you too).
6. Never be afraid to enlist the help of a coach and mentor. They will make you stronger. Just like in the sports you play, a coach helps guide you and push you to new heights. No man is an island. Everyone learns from someone. So choose, and choose wisely.
7. Marketing is about finding the itch that people have and then scratching it. It's about finding people's buttons, and then pushing them. You want to connect with your market as specifically as possible. This means you have to do some serious research first. Don't skip this most important of steps or you'll be frustrated in failure. Don't be afraid to get help if this part isn’t your strong suit.
8. "Winners never quit, and quitters never win." Yes, you've heard that one before, but stop for a minute and really think about it, son. Let it really sink in. Realize the ramifications. And then simply don't be a quitter.
9. Build a business that fits your personality. Make a positive impact on the world around you. Then you'll love what you do and you'll be happy doing it. It simply won't feel like work. That's a great position to be in.
10. Get started now. Don't wait. Because waiting for things to be "just right" never works. It is never the perfect time anyway, so just make NOW the time and get started. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll get there. Don't wait for next year, don’t wait for next month. Just start now. The only thing you'll ever regret is not having done something when you could have. Waiting gets you nowhere.
11. Your mother and I love you and we always will. Make us proud. Then teach the same to your boy someday.